Nechi Program Application
The application form is available as a PDF. Print it out, fill it in and return it to us.
Age & Sobriety Requirement
A minimum period of one (1) year sobriety (if the student has a history of addictions) and 18 years of age or older are requirements for all persons attending Nechi Institute. All students must abstain from the use of alcohol and illicit drugs throughout their training experience. We ask students and sponsoring agencies for their continued support regarding this important criteria. Our concern for those students sponsored with less than the minimum required period of sobriety is they may be in more need of treatment than of training. We would not be able to meet our goals or those of the sponsoring agency to train addictions counsellors.
Students applying for Advanced Counsellor Training are required to complete an interview questionnaire.
New and returning students are required to complete all steps of the application process. Acceptance into Nechi Institute programs and courses will be determined based on the review and assessment of information from one or all of the following sources:
- Student Application Form
- Interview Questionnaire
- Student Summary Sheets
- Instructor’s Feedback
Application Steps for Nechi Programs
- A completed application form is to be mailed to Nechi Institute. If a student is being sponsored, the application form must be signed by the Director or designate of the sponsoring agency. Send completed forms by mail to: Nechi Institute - Student Services Coordinator P.O. Box 2039, Station Main, St. Albert, Alberta T8N 2G3 by fax to: 780-458-1883 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application forms which are not complete will be returned and will not receive consideration until all required information is submitted.
- The first course of the CAT Series (Communication & Ethics) is a pre-requisite for attendance in the remaining seven (7) courses. Completion of the CAT Certificate is a pre-requisite to admission in the ACT Certificate.
- Notification of acceptance will be mailed to the student and sponsoring agency. Letters will include course schedules and when applicable, a map to the centre and details regarding dormitory-style residence.
- Fees are payable to the Nechi Institute and are due one week prior to the first day of the program.
- Training is delivered approximately one week every month to allow students time to integrate their new knowledge and skills as well as ease scheduling difficulties for their employers.
- Nechi Institute does not arrange practicum placement or employment.
- Students must confirm their attendance one week prior to commencement of their program.
|APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION 2015.pdf||355.85 KB|