Training for New Students
If you have no formal training, consider enrolling in our core, eight-course, program Community Addictions Training (CAT). It will provide you with the ability to:
- effectively communicate, by utilizing techniques such as "I statements" - and the "Feedback sandwich";
- understand the process of addiction and the defences people use to - enable continued use;
- understand the impact of addictions on the family;
- assess the client’s readiness for treatment;
- employ effective treatment techniques;
- assist clients to maintain sobriety;
- design a community prevention program;
- examine your own life and that of your client by utilizing personal - growth tools.
CAT will give you a sound foundation to build a career in the addictions counselling field.